A club sport is a student organization designed to serve individual interests. These interests can be competitive, recreational or instructional. Clubs compete with other clubs and organizations, but are not a varsity sport. Sport clubs differ in that they are responsible for their own expenses. Financial commitments are met primarily through student sponsored fund-raising events. Clubs also vary in focus and programming since the members are active participants in the leadership, responsibility, and decision making of club activities. Club members are responsible for recruiting new members, establishing club dues, and planning activities.
We place the highest priority on the overall quality of the educational experience and on the successful completion of all students’ academic programs. We seek to establish and maintain an environment in which a student-athlete’s athletic activities are conducted as an integral part of their educational experience. We also seek to establish and maintain an environment that values cultural diversity and gender equity among the student-athletes and athletics staff.
To be eligible to participate in Club Sports at PLU, the following steps must be completed. Participating before being officially cleared will cause a forfeit of tournament or game and the program could be suspended for one year.
- Cheer Club must successfully complete the online PLU Club Sports Eligibility Form. For Men's Rowing, Men's Lacrosse, Women's Lacrosse, Men's Ultimate Frisbee and Women's Ultimate Frisbee, participants must register on imleagues.com. Once registered on imleagues.com, click the "Club Sports" link at the top of the imleagues page. The PLU Club Sports will be listed, at which point they must register for the team and complete the waiver form online.
- Be cleared physically by the Health Center. The appointment is
free of cost and mandatory for participation. To schedule an
appointment, please call the Health Center at
253-535-7337, request an appointment online, or send
an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to bring to your appiontment...
- A printout of your health history questionnaire.
- If you are new to PLU and have not submitted it already, please print out and complete the Medical History form and Consent.
- Immunization records
- If you have ever had an echocardiogram (ultrasound) of your heart, or any other similar tests involving your heart, please bring a copy of your most recent echocardiogram report.
- Turn in your current unofficial PLU transcript to the Athletics Office in Olson 101 between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday-Friday. Unofficial transcripts should be obtained through Student Services. More information is available on the Student Services website.
- Receive confirmation from your club sports coach that you have been cleared for participation.
Pacific Lutheran University currently offers club sports in cheerleading, men's and women's lacrosse, and ultimate frisbee. To learn more about any of the club sports, click on the appropriate link.
- Men's Rowing
- Men's Lacrosse
- Women's Lacrosse
- Ultimate Frisbee (Men)
- Ultimate Frisbee (Women)
For more information, please contact Rob Thompson, Coordinator of Recreation, at email@example.com.